INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS UPGRADES
A high-quality, reliable communications system is vital for doing business today. We have engineering and design teams with years of experience ready to help you put the right voice, data and video solutions in place that meet TIA/EIA standards. Westmoreland Electric’s Telecommunications team is comprised of qualified individuals whose goal is to provide our customers with the best possible service for all of your telecommunication needs.
The difference between Westmoreland Electric and other communications contractors is that Westmoreland Electric employees are trained, qualified and certified communications specialists through BICSI and specific product manufacturers. Whether you want to add one new computer outlet or replace your entire system, Westmoreland Electric’s Service Department can provide that service for your facility.
Training and Credentials
Westmoreland Electric has two credentialed Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD’s) certified by BICSI(Building Industry Consulting Service International) on staff. This designation is only given to someone who has a vast knowledge of the low voltage communications field and has passed stringent tests and criteria. Many of our projects require that the contractor has an RCDD on staff as part of the qualification process for the telecommunications work. These individuals serve as our Project Managers on all of our telecommunications projects.
We also employ BICSI certified Technicians that have been trained as professional installation supervisors. Westmoreland Electric provides continuing education and updated training for its team of specialists to insure that our customers are provided with the latest technologies and installation methods. Westmoreland Electric performs all of our installations in accordance with EIA/TIA, BICSI, NEC and all associated governing standards.
Emergency Communications Systems
Fire alarm systems with voice-instructed evacuation, emergency radio communication, emergency evacuation, code blue emergency call and emergency weather communication systems are all part of our safest education and employment campuses. Many of these systems are now required by the applicable building codes and are vital to provide the communication necessary during times of emergency.
Some of these systems include:
- Area of rescue assistance communication systems
- Code blue emergency call systems
- Public address systems
- Emergency radio communications (Distributed antenna systems)
- Video surveillance and CCTV security systems
- Door monitoring, card access and intrusion detection security systems
- Remote generator annunciation
Types of Installations
- Cat 5E, 6 and 6A cabling solutions
- Unshielded and shielded solutions
- Singlemode & multimode fiber optic cable
- Outside plant underground and aerial copper and fiber cabling
- Fusion splicing of fiber optic cable
- Video distribution and CATV systems
- RG 59, 6, 11 and .500 coaxial cable
- Certified high speed data networks including LAN’s and WAN’s
- Data centers and computer rooms
- Testing and certification of systems
- Design and Installation