THERMOGRAPHIC ELECTRICAL INSPECTIONS
Thermography, through the use of a device called a thermal imager, can be used to perform many critical functions for commercial and industrial environments including the troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment.
The costs associated with the maintenance and unplanned downtime of a facility’s operations can be greatly reduced when thermal imagers are used to perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks. Click the link here to see some examples of Thermographic images.
What Westmoreland Electric Can Provide
Westmoreland Electric can provide the following inspection services utilizing infrared thermography:
• A comprehensive scanning of suspected hot spots that might be overlooked by visual inspections and traditional inspections
• Verify whether the electrical connections are properly made and maintained
• Interpret the images acquired to determine equipment condition and the possible causes of temperature deviations
• A clear and concise report to illustrate all the problem areas found, including load readings, live and thermal images
• Recommendations to rectify the problems and suggestions for your maintenance schedule
The inspection will be carried out while the electrical system is under load and can be performed at any time without shutting down the facility or the equipment. Therefore, no disruption to the normal operative routine will be needed. This service assists building owners and facility managers to address their needs detecting hot spots and loose connections in a non-destructive, non-contact and cost efficient manner. Click the link here to see an example of a Thermographic Inspection report.
Even if your business or factory is brand new and well maintained, you may still have abnormalities that won’t reveal themselves unless you do a proper inspection using Thermographic Imaging.
From now on, incorporate infrared thermography inspections into your maintenance program. Westmoreland Electric allows you to make the best use of your time and money invested and helps you avoid unexpected failure in your electrical system. You can concentrate on developing your business and let us do the rest for you!